CSCW 2008 requires electronic submission. The submission procedures vary among the participation catetgories. Be sure to follow the specific instructions given in the call for each individual category. Any questions about your submissions or the procedure should be directed to the appropriate Program Chairs.
All submissions that will appear in the proceedings must be formatted according to the ACM SIGCHI Template (Word version or LaTeX version). Note: This template is different from the ACM SIG Proceedings template.
An important aspect of preparing your paper is to provide the proper indexing and retrieval information from the ACM Computing Classification System. Please choose your category and descriptor terms carefully. These will be used to classify your submission in the ACM Digital Library. For help on choosing appropriate terms, visit http://www.acm.org/class/how_to_use.html.
Note that Papers, Notes, and Interactive Posters use a blind review process: the submitted copy should have all authors' names and affiliations blanked out, and should avoid any obvious identifying features. While authors should leave citations to their own relevant work unanonymized, they should reference it in a way that doesn't readily identify them as the authors. For example use "Prior work by [ref]" instead of "In our prior work." Demos, Panels, Videos, Workshops, and the Doctoral Colloquium are not blind reviewed.
Check back here for instructions about acceptable file formats and final submission formatting.
Due Dates and Times
All submissions must be received by 5:00pm (17:00) Pacific Time on the due date unless otherwise specified. Please see the individual call for each participation category for the specific due dates. Submissions received after 5pm Pacific Time on the due date will not be considered.
All submissions will be acknowledged by email.
- April 18, 2008: Full Paper and Notes submissions due
- May 2, 2008: Panels and Workshop Proposals due
- June 10-17, 2008: Papers and Notes Author Response
- July 3, 2008: Notification of accepted Papers, Notes, Panels, and Workshops
- July 18, 2008: Interactive Posters, Doctoral Colloquium, Demonstrations and Video submissions due
- August 22, 2008: Notification of accepted Interactive Posters, Doctoral Colloquium, Demonstrations and Videos
- August 8, 2008: Final version of Papers and Notes due
- September 5, 2008: Final versions of Interactive Posters, Panel abstracts, Demonstration abstracts and Doctoral Colloquium abstracts due
- September 19, 2008: Workshop position papers due
- September 30, 2008: Early registration deadline
- October 3, 2008: Deadline for making hotel reservations at the conference rate
- November 8, 2008: CSCW 2008 conference begins
The conference's papers and videos are available at the ACM Digital Library. Thank you to all of you who participated in the call for participation, posters and demos, as well as the doctorale colloquiums.
11/02/12: CSCW2013 will take place in San Antonio, Texas, USA on February 23-27.
03/12/12: Marietta L. Baba Professor of Anthropology at Michigan State University made her closing remarks and CSCW2013 is the next conference, details will follow shortly.
08/05/11: CSCW2012 will be held on February 11-15 in Seatle, Washington; this is the fifthteen CSCW conference taking place in one of the hubs of American technology on the West Coast.
12/15/10: CSCW2011 was held on March 19-23 on the edge of West Lake, the 1st time the conference is held outside of North America
11/17/09: Registration and hotel reservations to CSCW2010 available
10/18/09: Three panels added to CSCW2010's advance program
07/03/09: Notification date for Papers, Notes, Panels and Workshops for CSCW2010
5/18/09: Doctoral Colloquium, Interactive Posters, Demons-
tration and Videos Submission
03/22/09: Notification date for other venues
11/22/08: CSCW 2010 has started their website
11/13/08: CSCW 2008 was a success with record attendance